1. Staff members should only work in the restaurant if they are comfortable working in the current alternative environment that we are living with. If a staff member states that they are uncomfortable with the possibility of getting ill or exposing family members to COVID -19, that staff member will NOT be required to work until such a time that there is adequate comfort for them to return. Those staff members will be given the highest consideration for re-hire and return to work when the restaurant reaches the Stage 4 status where the dining room can be seated to capacity.
2. You are required to meet with the Manager on Duty prior to punching in order to have your temperature taken. It is absolutely mandatory that this takes place as management will be maintaining a daily log of staff and their check in temperature. Should a staff member’s temperature exceed 100 degrees, the individual will be sent home with instructions to self-isolate for a minimum of two weeks. Prior to returning to work the staff member will be required to provide a note from a doctor stating that staff member is cleared to return to work. In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, it is incumbent that the employee notify the Manager on Duty of the restaurant immediately.
Staff members will not be permitted to work if their temperature exceeds 100 degrees or if they are demonstrating symptoms common to the COVID -19 virus
3. It is mandatory for all staff members to be wearing cloth face coverings and disposable gloves while working. Please be mindful of any potential messaging on your mask that may offend our clientele. The Manager will be the arbitrator on this matter.
4. We will request that our customers wear a mask or face covering when not seated at their assigned table. It will be requested that the customers don the mask or face covering when they leave their table. You are not required to request or require that the customer wear the face covering. DO NOT ESCALATE any customer encounter under any conditions. If you feel you have an unmanageable situation, notify the Manager on Duty immediately.
5. It is mandatory for all staff members to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water each time that their gloves are replaced. Staff members are required to wash their hands twice for 20 seconds after using the restroom. New gloves are to be utilized after each and every hand washing.
6. Hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol will be easily accessible at the front desk, at each server station. You are encouraged to visibly utilize the sanitizer when appropriate in public areas
7. The dishwasher must run Flatware thru the dishwasher 3 times vs. 2 times. All glass racks will be required to be run thru the dishwasher twice as opposed to once.
8. At the inception of each AM and PM shift, the Manager on Duty will assign a specific staff member to conduct the periodic sanitizing of high touch surfaces including but not limited to:
a. Door pulls at front door, in restrooms and kitchen
b. Telephones, touch screens, check presenters and pens
c. Surfaces at the food pick up and bar pick up locations
d. Restroom plumbing fixture faucets & handles and restroom countertop surfaces.
These sanitizing procedures will be conducted no less than once per hour.
9. All staff member will be trained to utilize the methods suggested by the CDC in sanitizing each of these high touch surfaces.
10. It is strongly encouraged that only one server make contact with the customer seated in their section. This effort will include the single staff member taking the order, delivering the food and beverages, clearing the table and when possible re-setting the table. Every effort should be made to make this happen.
11. The only condiments on the table will be salt and pepper shakers. All other condiments will be set up for single service. Those items delivered to the table, either used or unused are to be disposed of. We will not, until further notice being giving children crayons.
12. Prior to seating a new party at a vacant table, either the staff member assigned to a specific section or the Manager on duty will be responsible for sanitizing and resetting the table. The sanitation measures will include sanitizing of the table top, the salt and pepper shakers, chair backs and chair seats.
13. Staff members are strongly encouraged to maintain the 6’0” of social distancing with the customers whenever possible.
14. Staff members are encouraged, whenever possible to maintain the suggested social distancing recommendations of the CDC with their fellow staff members. Staff members are encouraged not to noticeably congregate in any size group whenever possible.
15. Our manager on duty will be responsible for responding to any Covid-19 related issues that arrive with fellow staff members or customers.